Palace Green Homes was set up in April 2016 as the development arm of East Cambs Trading Company, a subsidiary of East Cambs District Council (ECDC). Put simply, we fund and deliver high-quality homes for local people, while reinvesting the profits back into ECDC services. Over the coming years we expect to create hundreds of new homes to meet rapidly rising demand. We also develop community-owned assets and amenities, with income streams that can be reinvested into the community for generations to come.
As our profits are reinvested we expect our current developments to generate over £5million in extra funding for local communities and council services – which in turn will directly benefit local people. We have specialist expertise, knowledge and skill in working together with Landowners and their agents to unlock land values where other developers can’t.
Everything we do is underpinned by the following principles:
• A high-quality, design-led approach to creating sustainable developments
• Commitment to reinvest profits back into the local community and council services
• Championing affordable access to local homes for people on local wages
• Genuine collaboration with local communities to maximise benefits for local residents
• Expertise in supporting developments via the Community Land Trust model, facilitated by our sister organisation CLT East